Parents Resolution on
On this childrens day, promise the
following to your child. We know you love your child and will do the BEST for him/her, but
it helps to remember that you promised.
My dearest ___________
I invoke all Gods & Goddesses and promise that
according to my ability and judgement I shall keep this promise and stipulations therein
- I shall nurture you like a delicate flower till you blossom and are ready to be
- At the same time, I shall neither Overprotect nor Dominate you as it would lead to
inadequacy and lack of initiative in you.
- I shall invest sensibly so that I have enough funds to ensure your education.
- Even if I can afford, I will not be overindulgent, as it will make you selfish,
demanding, and unable to tolerate frustration.
- I shall respect your choice of a career and will not impose my ideas, just because it is
the in thing
- I shall not burden you with my unrealistic ambitions, as inevitable failure in them,
will lead to frustration and self-devaluation. In short, my dearest I shall NOT push you
- You are MINE and I promise to NEVER compare you with someone else's or condemn you.
- Knowing that faulty parental models give a child socially undesirable value attitudes, I
shall strive hard to provide an ideal role model.
- Knowing that for you, quantum of time matters more than the ambience you spend it in. I
shall spend good time with you without overplaying the quality time bit! I know you need
it then and not whenever.
- In addition to being a parent, I will also be your friend. But parent first as being a
parent means setting limits and making rules.
- I shall protect you from the available junk (both in food & electronic media) and do
my best to provide nutritious fare for your all round growth.
Ps - compiled by Dr C H Asrani - CEO -
Send this link to your friend, click here
Send us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org